Imagine a future where designing for inclusion is a priority for design teams and human needs inform the decisions we make.
To build towards that future, I focus on bringing a depth of understanding to the great responsibility and influence that designers have on customers, societies, and the natural world.
Interaction Designer: Previously, I've helped consulting firms, advertising agencies, and various companies deliver large-scale projects from product/service design, to branding campaigns, to user acquisition strategy, and off-screen experiences. Specialties include: systems design, UX/creative strategy, user research, and design ethics. My background is in business and project management.
Writer: My writing is geared towards helping teams map out the complexities of social and organizational challenges. I attempt to frame compelling ideas inspired by empirical research combined with science and myth. You may find my writing on Medium or my thesis blog.
Adjunct Professor: I am currently an Adjunct Professor teaching a UX Portfolio course at New York University. Previously, students in my class research, strategize, wireframe, prototype, and test their digital products with with real customers. Finally, they build a case study of the project that showcases the process and skills acquired. Check out my teaching philosophy here.
- Selected speaker: 2017 UXPA International Conference
- Student Choice Award (voted best instructor): StartUp Institute, Winter 2017
- Speaker, NABJ Region I Conference: Narrative of Storytelling in the Digital Age
- Mentor: NYC OpenRecords UX Hackathon
- Speaker, UX Camp DC 2017: Designing Conversation fore UX Teams (write up here)
- Presenter/Facilitator: IxD 101 workshop with Fordham University interactive media program
- Guest critic: St. John's University's Graphic Design BFA program
- Guest critic: General Assembly's User Experience design program
- TEDx St. John's E-Board Mentor
- Speaker: Empathic Design and Innovation MeetUp: Design Ethics
- Speaker: Rise to Lead Conference at St. John's University, New York
- Facilitator: Design sprint with SVA IxD and SVA POD students
- Speaker: Surviving to Thriving Conference at St. John's University: Design Thinking + You
- Facilitator: Ashoka and Catapult Ideas Design sprint workshop